Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pumpkin Wreath

Hi! Today has been a beautiful day. This morning, we woke up and headed to Target. Around this time, they mark their summer items down. So we got the kids a slip n slide. And i'm not talking about one of those "lay it out and plug it up" kind. This one has a slide on one side and a "pool" at the other. Best part was, it was only $20! Only down fall is I will regret moving it in the yard so my grass doesn't die.
Anyways, once we got home and set this up, I left and went to the craft store. A group i'm in on Facebook had set up a craft day, so I had to be ready! First, I was going to make wreaths as presents. But then I was thinking about it, and I realized I have no idea how to do that. That will be another project, another day! So today I made a pumpkin wreath! Super easy, and super cheap! 
What do y'all think? Wanna make one too? Mark these down on your list before heading to the craft store:
- 5 yards of deco mesh
- a spool of ribbon with wired sides
- foam or other type of full wreath
- wire pins 
First, I cut about 2 yards from my 5 yards and wrapped around the wreath. Be sure to use your wire pins to push into the wreath and secure your  mesh. After that was wrapped completely around to hide the wreath, I started with the 3 other yards. Starting at the top back, pin it, then bring it to the bottom. Pin that section, and, without cutting, go back to the top with your mesh. At the top, pin it again, then back down to the bottom. Continue this cycle until your out of mesh. Also, don't pull it tight. You want it kind of loose so its more round and more "pumpkin" like. For the top, Im leaving this completely up to you. I did a simple 3 loop, bow, and the rest looped and hanging. I cannot take credit for the bow. One of the sweet ladies today had to help me with that. What do y'all think? Pretty simply, huh? Now go get your supplies! Mine will be up until thanksgiving. For halloween, I was thinking of throwing some spiders on it to make it more spooky. Might even add felt and make it a jack-o-lantern! 

Mommy duties are calling me. Have a great night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment